Help Me Write A Good College Research Paper
A research paper can be termed as an assignment which heavily relies on gathering information from other sources, be it the internet or books more than actual basic knowledge of the syllabus.
In order to write a good research paper you need to:
- Read and understand the question/research topic: You need to properly read and understand what the instructor wants you to do. Go through the prompt word by word as you highlight the key areas and try to take a mental picture of what the instructor wants. Take note of key words like describe, define, compare, etc. which give the general outline of what you are supposed to do.
- Plan on how and when to deal with the paper: You need to set aside some of your time to solely deal with the paper. Research papers can be quite challenging and time consuming, it’s wise to set aside some time either per day or per 2 days to handle the paper. It’s better to end up with some extra time free instead of the usual last minute work, which may lead to you producing poor quality work, and hence get low marks.
- Start the research work as soon as possible: Due to the immense work load in college, you may get tempted to delay the research and assume you have all the information with you. This assumption will be your downfall. If you bank on having enough information with you, you are most likely to run dry in the middle of the project, and depending on how long you have delayed the process, you may not have enough time to gather the relevant information and complete the assignment. Even if you manage to write the paper on general knowledge alone, you may end up with inferior quality work and end up with a poor grade. Conduct your research and get good material to put on paper.
- Begin writing the paper: You can decide to write various parts of the reserach paper, and then combine all your points into one draft and think of a way to combine them all into one final draft.
- Read and Revise the paper: Go through your draft and see if all the points come out as supposed to. Once you are positive that the points are in proper order, you may move on to the last step.
- Proofread the research paper and check for any typing errors: Your work needs to be perfect, do not ruin it with a stupid mistake that could have been corrected. Take that extra time to go through the paper and ensure it is properly typed/written.